Murphy High School
234 High School Circle
Murphy NC 28906
Empowering students to build successful futures
Continuing a tradition of excellence in an ever-changing world.
Philosophy of Education
If all students are to experience an educational career that fulfills Murphy High School's Mission Statement, then teachers, administrators, parents, community members, and students alike must collaborate to facilitate the following ideas:
Promoting student achievement and success for every student through various teaching styles, thereby accommodating the unique and individual gifts each student possesses
Providing a safe haven for the school community
Striving to acquire and implement current technologies as a source for effective and efficient tools of learning
Ensuring a better future by fostering integrity and a responsible work ethic
Promoting healthy lifestyles
Functioning as a team
- learning goals drive everything in the lesson
- essential questions are used throughout the lessons.
- Integrate complementary standards into lessons
- analyze standards to unpack learning goals for lessons
- distinguish learning goals from learning activities
- use lesson essential questions effectively before, during, and at the end of a lesson.
- about the effectiveness of graphic organizers
- how graphic organizers should be aligned to the type of thinking desired
- uses of graphic organizers.
- select graphic organizers aligned to the type of thinking desired
- explicitly teach students how to use graphic organizers
- have students use graphic organizers to organize information, summarize, and complete assignments.